Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Color My Heart Mini Quilt Pattern

Color My Heart Mini Quilt

I completed Fat Quarter Shop's free Color My Heart mini quilt pattern. I really loved how it turned out. This is my second mini quilt. The first one I made is called The Woven Stars Mini Quilt Top from Stitch Supply Co.

Woven Stars Mini Quilt

On Color My Heart quilt, I added an extra border to the pattern to shape the heart more. Also, the pattern said to cut the squares for the HST at 5". But, that made them too small. So I cut them at 5 7/8" and pared them down. It came out great. I brought the fabric at Walmart. The yellow for heart makes me think of sunshine or light beaming from my heart. It is so fun and happy.



I love making these mini quilts. They give me a chance to experiment with quilting without being overwhelmed. The next one I am going to try is Stitch Supply Co.'s Banner Days Mini Quilt. I hope to share it with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment