Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Giving Me Life

I am avid follower of Modern Mrs. Darcy, whose blog I discovered last year and have been a fan ever since.

Earlier this year she posted What's Saving My Life Right Now. In the post, she writes about reading the book Leaving Church by Barbara Brown Taylor and getting the idea to keep a list of the things that are giving her life. So, I decided to make a list of things that are giving me life now.

Things saving my life right now:

Modern Mrs. Darcy: Her insights and love of reading have been a source of encouragement to me as I go through this season in life. Her articles (here and here) have helped give words to the things I have been feeling and what I have been going through.

MindBodyGreen: Their articles on emotional health have given me the courage to face and heal my emotional side.

DJ Rak: I met this retired Army nurse through my granny. DJ is an avid quilter and she has an amazing quilting room that she has given me free access to. Not only that, she has been someone who I have been able to share my heart with.

PINTEREST!: So many blogs at my finger tips....10,000 pins isn't too many right?!?!

Sewing blogs with free tutorials: The free patterns and tutorials have taught me so many wonderful things! I love Shwin and Shwin  Pleated Square Tunic and Christina McKinney's  Elephant Plushie.

Pleated Tunic



Elephant Plushie

Cartoon Network: Teen Titans, GO!  has been a go to when I just needed to laugh.  "Waffles!"

Free Internet at the Library: What would I do without their wifi, a scanner and a printer? Many hours have been spent there researching and printing out patterns.

I probably won't keep a consistent paper list. I hope instead of focusing on things that might have hindered me, I hope I focus on the things that are helping me.

What things are helping you in your life right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment